- Drive the development of the communications strategy Project manage effective implementation of all marketing campaigns
- Develop a compelling narrative through a Thought Leadership Programme including briefing teams on writing articles, feature material, etc. and copy editing for the target media/audience
- Leverage potential opportunities through market analysis on an ongoing basis including competitor monitoring and liaison with key sector contacts
- Maximise the visibility of the specialism, leveraging all available channels, e.g. web, direct mail, social and viral media and face-to-face events
- Collaborate with other relevant specialisms to maximise impact and minimise duplication of effort
- Lead on the management of the client contact database, ensuring it is regularly updated and follows the corporate standards
- In close co-ordination with the central Press Office and Head of Media Relations, identify and drive opportunities for media coverage, advising researchers on media relations tactics, messaging and positioning
- Position us as ‘first port of call’ for relevant industry speaker opportunities, and build an appropriate database
- Prepare briefings and materials for senior researchers – e.g. for conference speeches or media interviews
- Monitor and analyse the impact of the marketing initiatives. making recommendations for improvements, communicating the value of activity delivered and the lessons learned
As part of this role you will be working with:
- Senior stakeholders from across the UK and global business delivering communications campaigns
- Researchers from across the business
- Our graphic designers
- The central communications and media relations teams.
Skills & experience:
- Educated to degree level
- Marketing qualification i.e. CIM Diploma or appropriate equivalent professional qualification
- Significant marketing and communications experience in a busy client-centric environment – b2b experience a plus
- Experience of managing digital marketing channels (including web and social media) in a business environment
- Good numeric skills and comfortable working with figures and budgets
- Experience of copywriting and proof reading
- Exceptional personal communication skills with the ability to manage and influence at a senior level
- Ability to analyse information, develop options and make recommendations A confident manner and a proven ability to lead client/stakeholder meetings independently
- Excellent project management and time management skills with ability to prioritise and manage conflicting demands
- Sound commercial awareness.
In return, we offer:
- A competitive package, with a commitment to personal development where your efforts and achievements are recognised and rewarded
- A creative, busy, open and supportive working environment
- The autonomy to develop and grow the strategy with support from senior directors and the wider team
- The opportunity to get involved with innovative techniques in addition to the more traditional methods.
Ipsos MORI is an equal opportunities employer. We recognise that everybody is different and strive to harness those differences to create an inclusive environment where individuals feel valued, their talents are recognised and they are given every opportunity to develop their full potential. Applicants must have the right to work in the UK.